Monday, May 21, 2007

Hello from Sydney

Plane ride over here was not so good. The breakfast was crap; though the wine/beer/Chocolate and sandwich made it bearable. I was surrounded by kids/babies. Lucky I had inflight entertainment. SIA had like 70 over shows to watch.

Weather in Sydney is not as cold as I expected. It is really comfortable to walk. Infact I probably walked 20km in 2 days here. The best part of it all - I don't perspire from the 3 hour walks over here as compared to taking a 5min walk in Singapore. Really have to thank Adam and Mike for showing me ard.

Day 1:
I walked from Coogee beach all the way to Bondi beach and then had a sinful fried mars bar.



Syd has Coke Zero, it taste better than coke light but has the same amount of calories as coke light. How awesome is that, Spore should really bring that in. Dinner was at BBQ City (Korean). Really good food and alcohol. The night was passed by more drinks with a great view of the Habour bridge and Opera house with fireworks. I had a little more alcohol than I shoud; anything after the fireworks was a blur. Glad I did not find myself sleeping naked beside a guy or something like that.


Day 2:
I swear off all vices - no more alcohol etc. Had a hearty breakfast of murtabark and teh tahrik. I walked Circular Quay and visited Habour Bridge and the Opera house. Tried Gelatissimo which was delicious. Went to The Rocks - love the whole vibe and the market there. Lunch was a really hearty vietnam beef noodles. Walked around the Paddy's market which is like pasar malam, did not really like it. Checked out Darling Habour after that. Its a really nice place to chill. Syd Aquarium was really good, quite big in my opinion. Went to check out the Wildlife enclosure too which not too bad. Ate 'turkish on king' for dinner at New Town. The food was great and their chips have chicken salt which makes it even better. Will love to walk ard New Town in the morning one day, really different feel to other place - very hippie feel.

Went back to catch 2 korean movies. I have never been a fan of korean shows. I just stereotype them as melodrama and slapstick comedy. But after the first show - 'Old Boy'; I was blown away. The show was very good, left me reeling in shock and speechless. It really changed my perspective of Korean movies. 2nd show was 'sex is zero', weird combination of slapstick comedy, sex and melodrama. Pretty good with some odd bits here and there.

2 comments:

splat said...

why u do super asian / singapore like activities in aust? u miss spore alrdy? HAHA

Unknown said...

haha...i realise that too