Thursday, May 24, 2007

Day 6: On my own











I had the day to myself, which meant I can do things my guide does not really like. I trod down to Circular Quay and and a nice breakfast of sandwich and coffee. Sat there and just watch the people and life in Sydney go pass. Checked out the Contemporary Arts Gallary and Rocks Museum. Walked around that area and went down to St. Mary's Church. The church looks great from the outside, and stepping inside just transported me to Europe. the architecture was impressive. Very nice place to visit. I walked Hyde's park and really enjoyed the park.

Went to walk around the shopping centres around the city and checked out the building architecture. Really interesting to see the old and new mixing up in the same area. Managed to eat some Krispy Kreme which was nice, but I found my taste for really sweet stuff has somehow dropped. Ate lunch at 'Wraps' which was not great. Walked down George St and Pitt St and found Crumpler. They have some designs not available in singapore but were not very nice. Saw some unique colours but the price was a little steep.

Took a walk around Oxford street (Gay street) and checked out the Adult shop scene. Nothing much, but apparently the area becomes more alive at night. I checked out Darlinghurst which had a different feel, my friend told me it gets really happening at night. It is sort of the Geylang of Sydney.

Got the rental car and had a hotdog at the famous Harry's de cafe, really nice snack. We then drove down to check out Leichardt (Little Italy). There is this forum like place which looks like Robertson Quay. When you are in Italy, do what the italians do; we ate pizza and pasta. The seafood pizza was fantastic, pasta was disappointing though.

Took a short drive to La Peruse. I thought it was a suburd, but apparently it was just a place to see the sea. By then it was already night, so did not get to see much. Hope can drop by one of the days.

No comments: