Friday, May 25, 2007

Day 7: Port Stephens

We started off at about 7am today; first light was abt 6.30am. We manage to drive past the habour Bridge which was really and eye opener. Drove down to Gosford and had Macdonald breakfast. They have green apple pie over here which I was told that it was not good. We went off to visit Lakes and beaches along the way, the scenary was awesome. So beautiful and tranquil, really love it here.

Arrived at Port Stephens after a long drive and went for lunch at subway. We then went to check out the Dolphin and whale watching tour. Too bad did not get to see any whales, was really into seeing one. Apparently the season only start mid June. I did however get to see lots of dolphins. There were like 40 of them swimming and playing with our boat. I was so tempted to jump down and play with them. Really eye opening experience which burnt a hole in my pocket. Tried a Red Ned Kangaroo meat pie, I must say it was pretty tasty. Worth trying it again.

The drive back started with a stop off a a peak. The view was magnificant, looking down at the vast lands and lakes. Dinner was at Stratfield at a Chinese/Korean place. We had bean paste noodle and sweet and sour beef. Apparently the koreans always eat these and it has a strong influence from the Chinese food.

People must be wondering why I keep eating korean food and watching korean movies over here...cause my friend's girlfriend is korean. Which also means he knows what are the good food and his taste in shows are about the same as mine, so he introduced me to korean art films.

Ended of the day with 'Golden Girls'. anyone remember the 4 old ladies comedy? I never watched it before cause I thought old people don't really interest me. My gosh, please do catch it. The dialogue is so witty, it makes me wonder how the shows can degrade to such level we have now.

ps* I found the beer I wanted: 'Little Creatures' from Fremantle, Perth

No comments: