Friday, March 31, 2006

Aquaman: The Beginning

Every superhero needs to start somewhere (My main alterego is still this), even aquaman. I took my baby steps to have 'gills' built in me. Here are some of the significant points in the prologue

I choked the first time I wore the mask. The rubber blocked the passage of my nose, I forgot aquaman breaths only thru his mouth. I choked the time I forgot to clear the water first when I took off the regulator. Can you imagine this in the headlines..."Aquaman dies after choking on mouthful of water"

I have clumsy flipper feet. Kept kicking myself when I swim. I can't walk properly in the swimming pool in them, but then again they are not for walking. Damn those duck feet! And I come to love them after I tried moving in the water without them. I have never realise how painful it was to be a snail.

I stared blankly at the final exam paper, especially when they ask me to use some weird charts to calculate the amount of nitrogen left in my body. What the hell, just give me the 100% oxygen. I want to be high. (maybe I should try faking Decompression sickness when I come up from the dive)

I realise I can never understand what the instructor is trying to handsign to me, but I always seem to understand what he is trying to handsign to some other fellow sea-men. Eg, instructor pointed to low pressure inflator after pointing for a 5 point ascent. I just pumped in the air and floated up, WHEEEeeee. (For your info, you can die if you do that) Actually the instructor wanted to tell us not to use the inflator.

I pee-ed in my wetsuit, keeps me warm! HAHA

I still feel I am not prepared for the sea. Aquaman can't even crawl properly, he is going to walk next week

No comments: