Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Gills!!!

I decided that walking on land is just too simple for me. After watching 'The Entourage', I come to realise that I am destined to be AQUA MAN! Or as Dav puts it "Sea-man' (for the humourless people - note the pun).

Actually I am no water baby, I am not big into swimming. But I finally signed up to learn diving. This was after the numerous false alarm by Ping. Starting on diving is not an easy task. First, you got to decide which Dive Center you want. There are like TONS of dive centers around. Some sounded dodgy, others don't have a good reputation. So how do you decide? Go ask around for referals I guess?! A big thanks to the man with the connections, he really gave us the final push we needed to go ahead and a good price (Location not too good though).

I am currently in the midst of pool sessions. We had a theory lessons with some physics and maths. p1v1=p2v2 (LOVELY!!!) You got to learn some mind boggling stuff about pressure, density nitrogen level etc etc. It is actually not that difficult, but the lesson was held really late and I was pretty tired.

They say "Careful with .... if not your lung will explode." "You may get decompression sickness leading to a dangerous senario" .....

I am half wandering why the heck I signed on to put myself in such dangers. As my friend puts it, the first time diving, you usually don't see much. You spend more time trying to stay alive.

And the best part of it all....ping aka dive buddy said "Eh, will the fish bite? I am scared of fishes leh, if they come near me I will freak out!" *DEADPANNS* My dear life is in danger.

Breathing constantly thru your mouth is not natural. Takes a while to get used to it. The equipments are darn heavy. Enough of complaining...I will reserve my final reviews after my open sea dive.

Signing off....a worried sea-man

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALRIGHTY MAN !!! Enjoy urself in the peaceful sea ya ! Word of advice.."Just Breathe" = ) Equalise reguarly while descendin and the rest will be a breeze ! = ) Hav fun !!

pingp0ng said...

im really scared of fishes!!! i think u think im kidding right. hahaa. i really am. :\

Anonymous said...

wah lau.damn happening. i wana do that too.to go under the sea and bring my world peace wave to the fishes down under!

Unknown said...

germ >>> Little Mermaid??? hurhur~

fries addict >>> *DEADPANNS*