Friday, March 31, 2006

Aquaman: Fears

Every superhero has their innermost fears. Something which they hide even deeper than their secret identity. And aquaman's fear is....Dying in the sea (why the hell did I choose to be aquaman). I just feel so unready, don't know why this uneasiness. This went a notch up after a chat with aqua'shorty' (from now on, known as ASS).

ASS: If you see sharks, must tell me. Take photos.
me: Siao...see sharks I will swim away real fast. Probably leave my dive bud as the bait (kidding there ping)
ASS: Just be careful of trigger fish. Got one bit my dive friend before. They are notorious for being aggressive.
me: *jaws drop* (I did a search and you judge for yourself)
ASS: Careful of Crown of thorns starfish....60 secs and bye bye
me: I thought starfish is like spongebob's friend...so friendly (click here)
ASS: I went for a dive, people tell me the site very good....but when I was there, there was stonefish everywhere. I had the worst dive in my life
me: ......

(the above conversation is not quoted word for word)

My instructor said he met a White tip before and he took photos of it. Being a newbie aquaman, I thought he meant some fish....yeah, "some" fish he meant. (Click here)

Plus all the other things you need to remember to do if not some form of injury may happen to you. I mean, getting injured on land is one thing, getting injured underwater, 15m deep is another.

You can only feel my apprehension when you do the course. You will feel inadequtely trained. BUT....I am as excited as hell!

2 comments:

pingp0ng said...

...................

im still excited bout diving. stop trying to make me back out cos i know ure scared urself hahahahahhahaha

Unknown said...

Relax...don't scare yourself! I think it will be pretty safe there!