Sunday, June 11, 2006

SMS

I needed to collect my dive logbook from Ping cos I wanted to dive in Pulau Jong (more on that later). So I decided to grab it from her place since I was nearby. Sms her for her address...here's how the sms went

"Tell the taxi XXXX Road. E lane to YYYY place. When you see the word AHEAD, then stop"

So the conversation between me and the uncle driver (and lyn) went like this.
*note the taxi driver is speacking in chinese

Me: "Uncle, XXXX Road. E Lane to YYYY place."

Taxi: "XXXX Road. What is E lane? YYYY place I know."

Me: "My friend sms me that, not too sure also"

Lyn took a look at my handphone.
Lyn: "That is THE lah, not E"

Me: "Oh....stupid Ping"


Moral of the story....when you give directions through text messages, dont use short form.

2 comments:

cl0udi3 said...

If she uses "E" to represent "THE" all the time, I'd say she's not at fault. You should have gotten used to her short forms.

LOL!

Unknown said...

she does not....

stupid ping~! HAHAHAA