Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Morten's Steak

Mention steak to any fan and most likely they will say Morten's Steak. Recently I decided to give it a try after padding my bank account with extra cash (Let's just say you need lots of padding). The place was pretty dim and we had to take a seat at the bar for our seats (even after reservations). But I did not have to wait long before I was ushered to my seat. The service was really good, they really make you feel good that you are going to spend a bomb.

A huge onion bread was placed infront of me. The smell really made me hungry. Upon taking the first bite, I was blown away. It has been some time since I have eaten a bread of such taste and texture. The waiter had to warn me to stop as the mains were the steak afterall. The waiter will come with a tray to display the different cuts of beef and sides they were serving. You decide the cut you want and order sides as it does not come with it. (Please share, the beef steak is HUGE)

We ordered Wild Mushroom and sliced potatoes. There were done perfectly, so good that I can come here just for the sides. The beef was really big and thick; with blood oozing with every cut I made. If was done beautifully, the beef melts with a slight tinge of the roasting. Once you tasted this, you really dont know how to go back to other beef. (I still like Angus at Takashimaya, but it is a whole different experience)

Dessert was the chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream. A dessert which you cannot go wrong with. Need I even describe the heavenly experience everytime one tries it.

Enough said, just go try!

No comments: