Friday, August 10, 2007

Japanese Language

A really good friend - Miss V, used to study the Japanese Language. Recently she put the words "あいしてる” (I think is means Loving). So I asked her, "だれがあいしますか” (Who do you love). And because she has not really touched the language for a long time, she was not quite sure what I was asking. She replied trying to tell me that Japanese language is difficult - "にほんごわへんたいです”

On reading her last sentence in Japanese I was stumped *Jaws dropped*. I took a second look and tried to think of all the different grammer structure to decipher the meaning, but alas I could not. I can only understand it in English as "Japansese language is weird" The funny thing is へんたい is usually used to mean weird with sexual nuance. Imagine my shock...almost fell off the chair laughing. Such a mistake comes once in a life time (though I happen to know a person who commits such boo boo frequently.)

But hey, she did not touch the language for some time already. From now, she is Miss Hentai. hahaha!

No comments: