Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Dad

I was oblivious to the cars zooming past my block, to the noise my sister was making and also to the cries my niece was producing. I was in deep slumber when I heard my mum mention "Your dad is back!"

I was jerked back into reality. I sat up straight and looked around to confirm the words were not from a dream. I caught a glance of my sister, her eyes said it all - "Thank God he is alright". I smiled and gave her a nod, the little action showed a mutual feeling of relieve. It has been some time since he went missing in action (MIA). No forms of communication could get him and my wild imagination was not helping to calm my nerves.

I went to see my dad and gave him the familiar word I always use when I see him – “Pa..” My dad looked at me and nod, but it meant a thousand words to me. He aged so much since I last saw him. But as normal, his face does not show what he is feeling or going through. I know my dad is going through some tough times. He is a warrior, he is holding his head up and is going to go out of his comfort zone (once again, like he did 10 years ago). I can only silently sit see him fly off for work.

For his dedication to the family – Thank you.

No comments: