Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I want a digicam

Sydney really brought back my interest in photography. I want a digital camera. I want something small so I can carry around, but the geek in me wants to have at least some manual control over the aperture settings. And afterall I am a guy, I wish to have nice zooming distance and wide angle. I was and don't think I have an eye for nice pictures, so I guess I will settle for a consumer digicam. And obviously, the price must be right.

Canon? Panasonic? Ricoh? Any suggestions?

4 comments:

Ryan said...

I am always a strong supporter of canon. Some panasonic camera tend to bring about a lot of noise. Whats your budget.

Unknown said...

I like the new Ricoh.

Canon is a major choice, but they don't seem to do wide angle and bigger zooms. But yeah, I'm looking mainly at canon

Panasonic has the above, but dont usually have manual functions and the models which have; produces noisy pictures and also have detail lost from compression. It's pretty troublesome to post process RAW format though its a nice touch to have it.

Budget ah....not too sure...consumer camera abt 600+ now right?

Ryan said...

Ya bad thing about cannon is that it does not have wide angle lenses. if you dun mind u can look at A710Is from Canon.

Anonymous said...

I have sony and I am competely satisfied with it.