Monday, February 05, 2007

Snacks on Stick

I associate food on sticks as snacks, quick bites when quality does not really matter. Think Old chang kee. A quick motion - bite, pull and dump the stick. I thought not much can be done to the small strip of food.

Boy was I wrong when I stepped into Kazu at Cuppage. I was warned to make a reservation, but I did not have the number and thought I went pretty early to avoid the crowd. The waitress informed me that I had an hour as I was sitting at a table reserved for someone else. With that in mind and the fact that yakitori had to be done only when the order is made, I decided to just go with the set and whale sashimi.

Some lettuce with some lemon and a sesame based sauce cleared my stomach for the meal. The sashimi was very fresh, melts in your mouth and burned a hole in my pocket. $6 bucks a peice. The yakitori rocks. Cooked to perfection. I would love to order from the menu if I had more time to slowly choose.

And the company was great too. (*wink* Got add points for that?)

Will definately be back for more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

U ass ! You had whale sashimi ??!!

Unknown said...

yeah, i know....i suck as a diver. I would have eaten the horse sashimi, if they have it