Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Happy Lunar New Year

Happy Lunar New Year

CNY is always the same for me. I visit my granny and stay there the whole day. Gamble with my cousins, from black jack to majong to playing Jenga and computer games. I even added Chinese Chess to this year's activities. We played Indian Poker and the ever famous WU GUI game. I was not there when the family was learning the 'Mafia' game, but as I expected; it was too complicated for the old folks to learn. Somehow gambling is always up and then down all the way.

Majong: I made really big cards and won a lot....then I started to lose badly. Kept feeding people the winning cards. I think it is my majong stamina, after a while I get bored and I stop thinking. That is when I start to make mistakes. Sigh!!!! No win no lose from MJ.

Blackjack: Lousy cards all the time. Coupled with the fact the banker was my ever lucky cousin. Lost a bit.

3 cards: This is a new game. It is pretty hard to explain the concept and it took a while to teach me how to calculate the cards. It is very fast...you pool the money and then just add the 3 cards. Mod the total by 10, if u get 0, it is the biggest. So easy, but this is where I lost the most money. PUI!!!!

Food was abundant as usual. It was good, infact I thought the 3rd day's dishes were the best. Probably it was because my cousin's German friends came. Curry was up to standard, so was the ngo hiang and the battered prawns. I think I gained 10kg from new year.

No comments: