Thursday, September 14, 2006

Time to let go?


Above, a very good pair of tennis shoe - Barricade 3. I have grown so used the comfort, support, grip and durability of it. This pair was purchased sometime mid lastyear I think. So long ago I don't even recall when. It still looks decent right? Take a closer look....


The Adidas 3 strips became 2 a few months back. I had to cut it off since it was flapping away when I play tennis.


Have a look at the overall sole of the shoe right now. Not too shabby since the threading of the back still exsist.

On closer inspection, the front threading is totally gone. The rubber is so worn the there is none left on the front. A little hole is starting to form on the right side where all the sliding has taken a toil on it.

Must be wondering why there is such a mark difference in sole usage right? Tennis players like to walk on their toes in court. Hah! It's all the running in and stopping with a hop. All the sliding while running, all the scrampling and all the dash in. Factor in 2-3 times a week of tennis, abt 2hours of on court per session.

Is it time to retire my beloved pair of tennis shoe? The other one just don't match up to it, it slips and caused me toe an ugly blueblack! Lyn has been bugging me to throw it away. Han will probably flip as he sees the pictures maybe even contemplating of sneaking to my shoe cabinet and throwing it away for me.

Anyone wants to donate to my newly setup foundation - "Buy Ansley a pair of Barricade 4" funds?

No comments: