Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Life is fragile

I went to a wake today. The guy passes away with Lou Gehrig's disease - the very same disease that Morrie got in the bestseller book 'Tuesday with Morrie'. The disease slowly degenerates a person's muscle, but not the nerves. So one day you lose the use of your leg, sometime later your hand. Till the day you die. Sounds so painful...

My condolences to my old friend. I am sure God will always be with you and your family.


If one day I was to be in such position...someone please pull the plug. Just kill me and spare me the pain. I may sound like a coward, but I do not want anyone (will there be even someone) to feel sad for me. It is so painful to just stand there knowing there is nothing you can do, but wait for the time when I take in my last gasp of air.

This post sounds so bleak...but I guess there is always a time when you will think of death.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of coz there wld be tons of pple who care for you. I wouldn't use the word "feel sad" because i think we wld do more than just watch u suffer. We'll be there to help u through it, make it more bearable.

Maybe you need to learn from Morrie to appreciate and concentrate on what you have left and not what you lost. Take time to smell the roses and feel the fur of a rabbit before these senses are robbed from you.

Its easy to say, i know. But i just want to tell you that your family and close friends will always be there for u and it doesn't need to be such a serious disease for you to know that. You do know that i'll always be here right? =)

Unknown said...

Thanks girl...

Anonymous said...

-_-
Don't be a nut!
-charms-

Anonymous said...

Check out this blog
http://dyingis.blogspot.com/2004_11_01_dyingis_archive.html

Anonymous said...

please lah, if u die and are spared the pain, we will still feel sad for you okay!!!!! now my turn to tell you: dun be silly!!!

anyway, believe u wun be in such a position.. =) God doesn't want us to suffer like that...

condolences to your friend....

Unknown said...

Thanks....

Just in case mah! U will never what may happen