Saturday, January 28, 2006

The downfall

If there are people still checking this blog, u must be wondering where I have gone. Internship (IA) has sucked my life away. I am working for a MNC in Tuas area and my pay sucks. I am in a quality control department which does not relate to IT in anyway. I am there as their vendor for a new program they want. Which means I am on my own with no one to help me.

My job is software base. Building a database, doing the server scripting and front end. After that, I will need to genereate charts, summary etc for them in Excel. Basically the whole damn program is done by me...and me alone. Here is the best part of it all:

1) I cannot use MS Access cause they refuse to pay for it. Infact, I cannot spend a single cent on anything. And they don't currently own any programs I can use.

2) I cannot have the Internet access to do research. Even after requesting base on the project, they still reject me. If I had background knowledge it will not be such a huge blow, but the fact is I never learn server scripting, front end programming and visual basic before. Which means I can only build the database without research.

The supervisor ask me to check the intranet. The intranet of a company which does nothing with Computer programming.....how "smart". Supervisor also told me to check the Help files. If the help files were useful, then the internet for the programming community will not be so big. Sigh

I ended up working after office hours, do my research during the night so I got something to do in the office the following day.

3) The amount of red tape is disgusting. Just install a program in the computer requires me to ask the IT guy, calling IBM (outsource) to do it for me. I did just that, BUT the IBM guy told me the company has reached it quota for installation...."Try again next month" What the hell!!!

I thought seeing the politics and red tape in Police force was enough, this company is even worst. Maybe wanting to go out to work as soon as possible is not too good afterall. Maybe by the end of my IA, I will wither and die.


No comments: